Diane studied at the South Bank University in the Vodder method of Manual Lymphatic Drainage. Lymphoedema Management at the Bolingbroke Hospital under Professor A.Leduc of the University of Brussels, in 2016 studied with The Lymphoedema Training Acadamy in Fluoroscopy Guided (MLD) the best and most evidenced based Manual Lymphatic Drainage training today. Diane is a Registered practitioner and offers a comprehensive service in the treatment of Lymphoedema and Lipodema. With 20 years experience.
Diane Accepts referrals from many Oncologists and Consultants, local GP`s and accepting Health Care insurance companies. Can accept NHS patients where funding has been provided by the patients NHS Trust.
What is Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD)
- (MLD) is an advanced massage technique that can be practised anywhere on the body. This precise technique aims to assist the body’s lymphatic system, moving lymph towards the lymph nodes, where the body can dispose of sluggish, blocked or stagnant areas more easily.
- MLD is effective in releasing blockages of lymph flow, which can cause oedema (swelling of the tissues)
- (MLD) is deeply relaxing, comforting and healing.
- MLD stimulates the lymphatic system so it works more efficient. Allowing new fluid to circulate freely bringing abundant water, nutrients and oxygen to cells, thus increasing vitality and health.
MLD Alleviates many symptoms and is used in the treatment of many Chronic conditions
- swollen legs/ankles/feet; in pregnancy/ injury and following operations
- swollen joints: Arthritic pain and inflammation
- Recurring colds/flu/infections
- Sinusitis, nasal congestion/catarrh
- post viral fatigue/syndrome/fibromyalgia
- Constipation/irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Puffy Eyes/Face/skin conditions/scars
- Bloating due to Hormonal imbalances
MLD Helps aid the recovery from Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic / facial surgery
- Breast augmentation/implant
- VASER liposuction
MLD benefits Pre-Surgery
- Preparation of tissue for surgery
- Stimulation of immune system
MLD benefits POST-SURGERY (can be given 24 hours following surgery
- Reduction in post-surgical Oedema
- Encourages lymphatic re-routes
- Reduction in pain
- Stimulation of fluid circulation
- Immune system stimulation and prevention of post-surgical infections.
- Improvement of skin regeneration and wound healing to optimise the scarring process.
- Reduction Bruising and swelling
- Eases patient recovery from surgery and enhance overall health and well-being.