Lymphoedema Clinic – FG-(MLD) Registered uk Practitioner
Diane is a member of the Lymphoedema Support Network (LSN) British Lymphology Society (BLS) and MLDukCDT. Accepting referals from many Oncologists and Consultants, local GP`s and Accepting Health Care Insurance Companies. NHS patients can be accepted where funding has been the patients NHS trust
Lymphoedema may make its presence felt for a short time only, or for a lifetime, regardless of which the timing of an episode of swelling can be inconvenient and uncomfortable. Lymphoedema is a swelling that develops as a result of an impaired lymphatic system.
Secondary Lynphoedema may occur following –
- Surgery that affects the removal of lymph nodes.
- Accidental trauma/Injury or infections such as celulitis that damages the lymph vessels
- Varicose Veins
- Cancer which may block the lymphatic system
Types of Lymphoedema Treated
- Primary Lymphoedema – usually determined from birth and arises due to some failure of the lymphatic system
- Secondary Lymphoedema – Comes about when there is intervention from outside that causes it to work insufficiently
Treatments that may be Given for Primary and Secondary Lymphoedema
- Case history
- Manual lymphatic drainage (MLD)
- Combined De congestive therapy (multilayer bandaging)
- Kinesio taping
- Compression garments
- Advise on Skin Care and exercise.
Lymphatic press compression therapy system
- Management of your Lymphoedema at home.
Please note that following a consultation a treatment plan will be individual to your needs depending of the severity of your Lymphoedema and will consist of some or all of the above.
For prices and appointments please contact Diane. Before an appointment please do not wear body moisturiser within the area to be treated.